When it comes to downloading apps, we follow the ‘the more, the merrier’ approach. Apps are supposed to simplify the operation and make this easy for users, right? However, installing too many apps may also result in these applications lying redundant and morbid confusion as to where to find what.
In the Apple TV, downloading too many applications will result in a cluttered Home Screen which is not only difficult to navigate but quite bothersome to go through. You may invoke Siri to launch the app for you, but for that you will also have to remember the name of the app!
Fortunately, there is an easy way to move and delete apps. You can use it to organize your apps in systematized folders on your Apple TV. You can do all that with a few clicks of your remote control.
Wondering how you can do it? Follow the steps given below!
Steps to Move Apps
- Use your Apple Siri Remote control to select the app that you wish to move.
- On the Siri Remote (or a compatible alternative remote with touch surface), depress the touch surface until the app starts to move.
- If your remote does not have a touch surface, select the app and hold the select button down until the app starts to move.
- You will now be able to move the selected app around by swiping up down, left, or right (on your touch surface) or up, down, left, or right directional keys (on your non-touch surface remote)
- Once you place the app in your desired location, tap on the touch surface or press select to release the app.
- Repeat the aforementioned steps for all the apps that you wish to move. You can now use this technique to get all your frequently used apps on your top shelf.
Steps to Create and Use Folders
Folders are a great way to organize apps having a similar theme. Read below to know how you can create and use folders:
- Use your Apple Siri Remote (or alternative remote) control to select the app that you wish to add to a folder.
- On the Siri Remote (or a compatible alternative remote with touch surface), press the touch surface until the app starts to move.
- If the remote does not have a touch surface, select the app and press the select button down until the app starts to move.
- You can move the selected app around by swiping up down, left, or right (on your touch surface) or using the up, down, left, or right directional keys (on your non-touch surface remote)
- On moving the app, drop it on top of another app that you wish to club together. A new folder will be created containing both the apps.
- You will receive a prompt where you can name the folder, once named, both the apps will now be available inside the newly created folder.
Steps to Delete Apps
With limited space available on the Apple TV, you wouldn’t want to stash it with unwanted apps. Hence, delete the apps that you do not need to clear up the memory. Here’s how:
- Select and hold the app icon as outlined above.
- Once your remote vibrates, press the Play/Pause button to open the menu.
- Select Delete to remove the app from your Apple TV.
You may also delete the app through the Settings.
- Launch the Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select General and then choose Manage Storage.
- You will be taken to a screen containing all the apps installed on your Apple TV.
- On this screen, you can monitor the space occupied by these apps. Thus, you can shortlist the apps that are hogging up space and should be deleted.
- You may delete the app by tapping on the Bin icon present on the right of the app name.