Text messaging is one of the fastest and most convenient methods of communication. However, these messages keep piling up and clutter the phones. Moreover, keeping security in mind, notifications of text messages can often lead to unwanted circumstances. For example, anybody can check the OTP without having to unlock your phone if the text notifications are enabled. To bolster your privacy from prying eyes, below are three methods for hiding messages on your iPhone.
More often than not, iPhone users run out of free memory. An easy and time effective way to hide text messages and making up more storage space, is by deleting entire conversations from the iOS device. You can decide which conversations you want to remove and which you wish to keep. Here is how you can delete conversations in the iPhone’s Messages app:
- Power on your iPhone.
- On the Home Screen, swipe to view the apps. Tap on Messages. Its icon is green and white in color.
- In the Messages screen, tap on the Edit button at the top left side.
- If any message thread was opened already, then you need to go back by tapping the Back option.
- Now, from the list of all the message threads, select the ones you wish to delete. Just tap on the names. A blue tick mark will be present next to the contact names of the selected threads.
- After that, go to the bottom of the Messages screen and select the Delete option at the left corner.
- Now, all the conversations you had highlighted will get deleted from the Messages application.
Delete individual messages
If you want to hide specific texts from the iPhone, then here is how you can delete them:
- Launch the Messages application on the iPhone. It will be present on the Home Screen.
- Now, scroll through the messages to find the conversation you wish to delete.
- When found, just tap on that message. Now, the message thread with the contact will open.
- Browse the thread and locate the message you have to remove. When found, hold that message.
- Wait for the prompt to appear. A pull-down menu will show up at the bottom.
- Select the last option: More.
- Now, just select every text you want to remove by tapping on it.
- To delete those texts, tap on the Garbage bin icon located at the lower left-hand side.
- Now, just select Delete Messages option.
- The selected messages will get permanently deleted from the Messages application.
Disable text alert
Text alerts and notifications can be annoying, disrupting, and distracting. In addition to this, others may peek through your shoulder and check the notification. If you do not want turn off text message notifications, then follow the steps mentioned here:
- Launch the Settings app from your Home Screen.
- Now, below the Carrier option, you will see Notifications. Tap on it.
- Browse the Notifications screen and locate messages Badges, Sounds, Banners. Tap on it. The list is sorted alphabetically.
- Now just turn off the Allow Notifications feature. If the toggle bar is green, then it means that message notifications are allowed. If the toggle bar is white, then it means that notifications are not enabled.
- Now, you will not be notified when you receive a message.