The ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is an error that usually appears in Google Chrome. The error indicates that something is interrupting the signal strength. There are a variety of reasons causing the error to occur, but it generally gets resolved by restarting the web browser. It’s a point should be noted that the error occurs only in Google Chrome and not in any other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge or Safari.
When facing the same error in your Chrome, try restarting the browser or switching the browsers. But if you are only running Chrome on your Mac system, then move further in the article and try the attempts to troubleshoot the error. The guide has a list of methods to fix the connection reset error for MacOS.
Here’s how to fix the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error for Mac
Reset Browser Settings
- Open Chrome and click the hamburger
- Click on the Settings and the settings tab.
- Now, scroll down to the Advanced
- Click it to open the advanced setting options.
- Again scroll down to click Reset settings.
- Now check if the problem persists.
Check the Internet Connection
Sometimes the weak strength of a signal is the reason for the error occurred in the Chrome. To check if the connection is working fine or not, inspect the Router. For cable connection check if the Ethernet cable is correctly attached to the system or not. The wireless network owners must check the position of the router and check if anything is obstructing the Wi-Fi signal.
Clear Chrome’s Cache and Browsing History
The cache and history could cause the problem in Google Chrome; therefore clearing the data from the web browser may work.
- Open Google Chrome in your Mac.
- Now press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete key combination.
- It will directly open Settings and then pop up the Clear Browsing Data
- Click on every checkbox in Basic section.
- Now, click the drop-down arrow in Time range
- Select All Time from the drop-down menu.
- Now click Advanced to open more options.
- Again, click all the checkboxes and set the Time range to All time.
- Now, click the Clear data button.
- You have cleared the search history and cache of the browser.
The ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error is not a big issue to deal with, as these methods are capable of completely fixing it. If you continue to face the error in Chrome, then reinstall Google Chrome to resolve the problem.