Are you so forgetful that you forgot your sister’s birthday? Well, with Google Assistant, you can set a reminder well in advance. As a matter of fact, creating reminders from Google Assistant is so easy that you will soon find yourself setting reminders for the most trivial things. You can set reminders for a specific time or place. You will be notified at the preset time or when you reach the place. Here are the steps for creating and managing reminders with the help of Google Assistant:
- Firstly, you need to turn on the Google feed.
- Unlock your device and locate the Google app’s icon.
- Launch the Google application.
- Open the menu by clicking on the three horizontal lines located at the top left corner.
- After that, select Settings from the pull-down menu.
- Locate the option for Feed and click on it.
- Turn on the toggle next to Feed. Ensure that it is enabled.
- If you are enabling Google Feed for the first time, then follow the guidelines mentioned on display and finish the setup process.
- Now, hit the back option and return to the Google application.
- Now, you need to activate Google Assistant.
- Just say, OK Google.
- Wait for Google Assistant to act in response.
- Alternatively, you can also hit the Microphone icon located at the right end of the Google search bar.
- Now, just tell Google what you want them to remind you. For example, say “Remind me to submit my assignment tomorrow at 12 AM,” or “Remind me to email my boss on September 2nd to ask for a leave.”
- Wait for Add a Reminder prompt to come.
- Now, you can check the details for the reminder and make necessary changes.
- You can modify the date, time, and choose whether you would like to set the reminder on repeat.
- After making all the changes, hit the blue tick icon on the right-hand side of the Reminder prompt.
- Unlock the device.
- Tap n the Google icon and launch the app.
- To open the menu, tap on the three horizontal lines icon located at the upper left corner of the screen.
- From the list, tap on Settings.
- Now, go to your feed.
- Turn on the Feed by toggling the slider.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen, if any, and finish the setup process.
- Return to the Google application.
- Hit the three horizontal lines icon located at the upper left side of the app.
- Select Reminders from the menu.
- Now, hit the Plus button located at the lower right-hand edge of the screen.
- In the Add a reminder screen, select the reminder title.
- After that, select Time.
- Now, go to Date and select when you wish to be reminded.
- After selecting a day, tap on Time and choose which time you would like to get reminded.
- You can select whether you want to be repeatedly reminded or not.
- At last, just click the blue and white tick button at the bottom of the Reminder screen.
When you open the Calendar, you will be able to see the reminders. IF you want to remove any reminder, just click on Mark as Done.
Joey Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.