If you have dedicated hours in creating the perfect playlist, then you may feel like showing it off to the world. With Spotify, you can make your playlists public. You can do it by going to the website or use the web or mobile app. The public playlists are visible to everybody, and they are also shareable, meaning that other people can share them. Here is how you can change the playlist setting from private to public:
Making playlist public via the website
- Firstly, you need to launch your web browser.
- Enter the following URL in the address bar: play.sportify.com
- Now, you will be directed to the Spotify website.
- In the webpage, locate the Login section on the left side.
- You can choose to log in using your Facebook account. Or else, enter your Spotify username and password. Click on the green Login button.
- If you did not sign out earlier, then you do not have to sign in again.
- Now, in the Browse Spotify page, click on the Your Music tab located at the left pane.
- Choose the playlist you wish to make public.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Make public option.
- After that, the playlist will become public.
Making playlist public via the web app
- You are required to download the Spotify app on your computer. Install and run the downloaded file.
- Click on the Spotify app’s icon. It is green in color. You can go to the Start menu, and look for Spotify in All Programs.
- Launch the Spotify app.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Spotify app.
- Enter the email address associated with the Spotify account.
- After that enter the password.
- Turn on the Remember me switch if you wish to save your login credentials.
- Hit the Log In button below it.
- You may also log in with your Facebook account.
- You will be able to see the list of playlists on the left pane.
- Browse the list and right-click on the one you wish to set to public.
- From the drop-down list, choose Make Public.
Making playlist public via the phone app
- You will need to install Spotify on your device.
- You can get the Spotify application from the app store.
- Unlock your iOS or Android device and tap on the Spotify app.
- Now, if you are not logged in already, then you will be prompted to do so.
- Enter the Username for your Spotify account, and then type in the password.
- Tap on the green LOGIN button below it.
- If you cannot remember the password, then tap on Forgot your password?
- When you log in, you need to go to My Music.
- Tap on the Playlists tab.
- All the playlists present in your Spotify Library will be listed.
- Locate the playlist you have to make public and tap on it.
- In the next prompt, tap on three dots to get more options.
- Now, from the menu, tap on Make Public.
- Your Spotify playlist will be accessible by the public now.
Joey Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.